If you’re looking to upgrade your outdated switchboard to a new switchboard or need to address a recent fault, Northern Lights Lighting and Electrical is here to help. Our team of experienced and registered Auckland electricians provide top-notch switchboard upgrades for residential, commercial, and industrial clients all across the city.
Why Bother With A New Switchboard Upgrade?
• Safety – All switchboards must include RCD protection to ensure human safety, which is often missing in older switchboards.
• Capacity – Your switchboard will include added capacity for your current needs and future expansion.
• Aesthetics – The upgraded switchboard will be more discreet and tidier, as it can be recessed into the wall and relocated to a better position.
• Insurance – Proof of compliance with up-to-date electrical installations can be required by insurance companies. A switchboard upgrade includes a Certificate of Compliance from the electrician and an Independent Record of Inspection from the inspector.
• House resale value – A switchboard upgrade can add value to your home when it comes time to sell.
• Asbestos removal – In some cases, old switchboards may contain asbestos which can be safely removed with a switchboard upgrade.
How long does it take to replace my switchboard?
• Most standard residential switchboards can be completed in one workday.
• Power is typically turned off at around 8am and restored by 5pm. However, your electrician will keep you informed of any changes.
What does a standard switchboard replacement cost?
• A standard switchboard replacement typically costs between $2000 – $3000 plus GST, which includes inspection and testing charges.
Are there any additional charges?
• An independent inspector must inspect the switchboard after completion. During the inspection, the inspector must also inspect and test the electrical installation, main earth, meter box, internal mains cables, and point of entry. Additionally, cables coming into the switchboard must be in good condition.
• If any of these systems fail the inspection, repairs must be made before power can be restored. Northern Lights will assess your switchboard upgrade and include any necessary repairs or upgrades in the quote to avoid unexpected costs.
• RCD fault troubleshooting is not included in a new switchboard upgrade, but our team can help find and resolve any faults found after the upgrade.
• Keep in mind that after replacing your old switchboard, there may be a need for patching and painting, which would need to be done separately and is not included in a switchboard replacement service.
Northern Lights Lighting and Electrical, Auckland’s Master Electrician, is here to help you with your switchboard upgrade needs. With years of experience and expertise, our team is dedicated to providing top-quality electrical services to ensure the safety and comfort of your home. If you’re ready to upgrade your switchboard, contact Northern Lights today and book an appointment for a quote, or to ask us any questions you may have, and we’re always happy to provide references from our satisfied customers. With Northern Lights, you can be confident in the quality and safety of your electrical services.